Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Morning Skin Care Routine

Our water heater is broken ...so this edition is without a morning shower! Not too different, as my face care routine is largely outside of the shower stall.

STEP 1 - Cleanse

  • My skin is naturally prone to dryness AND acne in my problem areas (forehead/chin/nose) due to my anxiety. Therefore I start with French Girl Neroli du Maroc Cleansing Wash ($18). It is very gentle,skin, non-foaming, and pH-balancing that is great for sensitive skin. Aloe, Vitamin E, Tamanu, and Olive oils all combine to make this product work so well.
  • In addition to the F.G. Cleansing Wash I add a bit of French Girl's Rose Facial Polish ($22). With the dry skin, I get a lot of flakes that become SUPER evident when I put my makeup on. Adding this to the cleanser helps scrub off all the dead skin so my face is silky smooth.
*All of French Girl's products are organic/vegan, containing no sulfates, parabens, synthetic preservatives, petroleum, silicone, phthalates, nor fragrance oils.

STEP 2 - Tone
  • I then apply Mad Hippie's Exfoliating Serum ($35). It has Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Apple Stem Cells, and Gigawhite. It helps shed dead, damaged, and discolored skin to reveal brighter, smoother skin.
STEP 3 - Moisturize - a.k.a my most expensive part
  • The most important part for my skin! For all day protection I need a deep moisturizer that doesn't make my skin feel heavy or oily! I have fell in love with REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream ($45). It's their #1 moisturizer and it shows. Most of their products are AMAZING for sensitive skin. Not only does this hydrate & replenish, it uses Calendula oil to calm the skin and Omegas 3 & 7 to repair and protect. Over time is combats natural pollutants and harsh free radicals, while training the skin to become "less" sensitive.
  • MY EYES! My undereye-bags are noticeable and can be quite dark (especially in the morning) so I went ahead and grabbed REN Instant Brightening Beauty Shot Eye Lift ($45). This stuff is amazing at instantly brightening dark circles and lifting the eyes to reduce bags and crows feet.


**AGAIN...I understand my personal regime has products that can be quite pricey. I also make a lot of face products with much cheaper options as alternatives to lower the price if need be. Just let me know and I can give you GOBS of information on other cheaper, effective products!


Have you tried any of these products? How did you like them? What products do you have in your routine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment