Saturday, July 9, 2016

Mountains and Nature

Ever since I was very young, I had an affinity for nature, or so my parents told me. As I grew, so did my curiosity and fondness for the outdoors. It wasn't until I reached high school that I started looking inward and exploring the reasoning for my pull towards the mountains and forests, rivers and oceans, rocks and fauna.

Me @ Great Smokey Mountains N.P.  (2013)




My first connection was more so of the effect it produced for me- a true sense of awe. I realized the natural comfort I felt and the amazement for nature's various displays of beauty- from the gradient of colors a rock face shows, the viens of different leaves, the rippling effects and waves in water

Hiking to Emerald Bay, Lake Tahoe (2014)
.

This beauty was unique to the standard definitions of "beauty" I grew up with. This beauty was unintentionally beautiful. All these things have to do is exist- simply, exist to be beautiful. In society we are constantly striving for a higher standard of "beauty", but what if that effort is essentially pointless? Why do we continue to seek a "better", "more beautiful" version of things. Can we not take a note from nature and realize that things can simply exist and be beautiful?

I 100% agree that people can do whatever they want to themselves, even in the "name of beauty". However, I feel it very necessary to first become appreciative of your

simple beauty - the various ways in which your naked body are uniquely beautiful

Whether it be cute dimples on your cheeks or slender fingers. Tall legs or a nice butt. Whatever the features are, it is so beneficial to your overall health to become aware of these beautiful things that came about simply from you existing.

You are nature too, and you have the innate beauty that all nature possesses. Find your simple beauty and become better connected to the whole.


***************
Since I am currently travelling I am not sure when and how often I will have internet so I am sorry if that is of any inconvenience! I will try my best!




No comments:

Post a Comment