Friday, July 1, 2016

3 Amazing Organic Skin Care Companies

I'm going to be doing this periodically, for both skin and hair product companies. I have tried all products/companies that I post on here.

Criteria:
  • Organic ingredients
  • Company philosophy
  • Results

One of the first companies to come across in my endeavors, I instantly fell in love with its versatility and use of organic ingredients. They are dedicated to bringing non-toxic formulas to your skin to help it become more naturally balanced. As well, they are very focused on how their ingredients are sourced, making sure it is sustainably hand-crafted by those who know how to do it best. They also allow for opportunities in regions where such services are direly needed by the community. AKA my favorite social theory of complete communal sustainability through material and work ethic.
They have 5 different "treatment" lines:
Rose ~ Balancing //  Blue ~ Sensitive // Blemish // Ayurvedic // Specialty
All five lines carry a variety of products (cleansing milks, serums, their infamous HydroSouls, masks, elixers, and lip/eye care products.

Product Spotlight: Rose Vetiver Day Moisturizer (5ml/$10; 1.4oz/$41)
5mL
This stuff made it's way to my favorites because of it's absorbability and refreshing scent. Vetiver is an amazing grounding scent, that is very useful for people with anxiety disorders like myself. It is also extremely effective in moisturizing normal/dry and even sensitive skin (though it's technically not part of the 'dry skin' treatment). I have the small size and it's perfect for travel.






Anyone who knows me personally calls me a quasi-hippy. I don't care, the lifestyle has many perks. Full of amazing natural ingredients (antioxidants, peptides, bioavailable vitamins, alpha hydroxy acids) and never uses the bad ingredients most commercial skin care companies do (petrochemicals, parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, synthetic fragrances).

Product Spotlight: Exfoliating Serum (30mL/$35)
This is my go to serum. I apply after face wash/toner (refer to my past post about my face care routine). It's great at sloughing off dead/damaged/discolored skin to reveal brighter, smoother toned skin. I have sensitive skin and this still works perfectly in my routine. It has alpha hydroxy acids, apple stem cells, and gigawhite amongst other great ingredients.




This stuff is an absolute staple in my opinion. It has so many uses! Also, the company has been around since 1847! Talk about history...and time to perfect the formula. This all natural toner has infamous Witch Hazel, a cure-all for skin ailments. It's gentle, yet very effective, great for people with sensitive skin as well! Their non-alcohol formula doesn't dry out the skin and many of the products include hydrating aloe to calm and comfort the skin. 

This is essentially everything from the description above but with added cucumber extract to further hydrate and cool the skin for those especially dry or finicky days. I use this toner more than any other product. Fun fact- if you apply to areas right after you shave (yes- legs, armpits, bikini, etc.) it drastically reduces chances of razor burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment